Electromagnetic Savannah
Commentary on science, technology and economics in Nigeria and beyond

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

By way of intro...

Hi,

If you're reading this, then you're probably wondering what this is all about, since this is the first post on this blog. Well, I've always been interested in science and technology (and more recently economics) - but since there are more than enough people blogging about those, I thought I'd turn my searchlight on to how these fields affect Africa and specifically Nigeria which is where I hail from.

I'll be following the time-honoured blogging tradition of scouring the 'Net for news stories that I think would be a good fit for this blog and stamping them with my commentary, insight and opinion. I'll be giving reasons why I think what I think - but I hope this can also be a two-way channel where you show up and tell me I'm wrong. Above all, I'll try to keep the posts clear and straightforward to read, because it's not just what you say - it's how you say it that matters.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I'm not sure about a schedule yet - I reckon I'll be posting about every two or three days as time permits - but we'll see.

Cheers,

AWW

5 Comments:

  • I'm intrigued by the blog name - "Electromagnetic savannah".

    By Blogger Nilla, At 28 March 2007 at 06:40  

  • Have you caught the blog virus AWW? I thought you were taking a break! Well, I sure will keep this one in sight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 28 March 2007 at 10:10  

  • Nilla,

    It's partly because I wanted to pick two words which represented science/technology on the one hand and Nigeria/Africa on the other, and partly because I quite like the idea of the savannah being electromagnetic anyway!



    Imnakoya,

    Nope... not taking a break. PJ is still very active, even though it's running at a slower pace these days.

    By Blogger Atala Wala Wala, At 28 March 2007 at 14:23  

  • You may want to add this to your list: TechCrunch

    Lost ur email, pls forward.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 28 March 2007 at 16:13  

  • Hi Imnakoya,

    I've now, updated my template to leave an email address that you (and anyone else) can reach me at.

    Cheers,

    AWW

    By Blogger Atala Wala Wala, At 30 March 2007 at 15:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home